SALTS IN CRUDE OIL (ELECTRONIC METHOD)
Fully automatic, the NSB TECH offers a precise test of salt concentration in crude oil. This test measures conductivity in the crude oil due to the presence of common chlorides, such as sodium, calcium, and magnesium by electronical methods.
Knowledge of the chloride concentration gives information on the efficiency of the desalination process and provides a solid basis for assessing the need for crude oil desalting. The corrosion rates in refining units depend on the chloride concentration.
• Fully automatic model
• Fully complies with commercial and customs applications
• Preset calibration at three differents temperatures (20°C, 26°C & 32°C for ASTM method)
• Auto-selection of ASTM and IP tables
• Hight current resolution (0,01 mA)
• Safety cover
• Safety over current
• Light indicator
The NSB TECH is fully automatic. Easy to use, the test is done alone with 5 preset voltages. The correlation is established through 3 pre calculated record tables. The table is selected depending on the sample temperature. This unit offers a digital readout of both current and voltage for easy
checking. The device gives the best results recorded. The data is printed or exported to USB memory stick. Customizable, it is easy to set up the test data or create a custom table. The 50 last tests are archived.
To maximize user safety, a Hall effect sensor checks contact between the cover and the tank. A green indicator light warns of good positioning and a red light indicates when the unit is on. An audible alarm warns during the test of the 5 measurements.
• Cover with electrode
• 3 Beakers with ring
Power supply : AC 230V or AC115 V – 50/60 Hz – 1A
Dimensions : 250 x 370 x 200 mm
Weight : 6kg
- Chemical products requirements for analyse : neutral oil (refine chloride-free oil, app. 20mm²/sec viscosity at 40°C and free of additive)
- absolute methylic alcool (anhydrous)
- water distillate, xylene (reageant grade, minimum purity)