For more than 55 years, Normalab has been designing, developing and manufacturing scientific laboratory instruments for the petroleum sector and related activities: refining, extraction, lubricating plants, chemicals, petrochemicals.
Our analytical instruments are also present in the following activity fields: education, automotive research, aerospace, agri-food, cosmetics, fertilizers, cements, mining industry, the army, power plants …
In terms of manufacturing facilities, Normalab has a variety of complementary resources:
- A glass blowing unit for viscosimeters, centrifuge tubes, distillation flasks and other standard or custom parts.
- A manufacturing plant for testing Instruments, bringing together skills in electricity, mechanics, electronics and more
- A development unit (hardware and software)
- A quality control unit with calibration and metrology tools
In order to keep our core business efficient, we participate actively in ASTM, Energy Institute, ISO and AFNOR standards committees. Our teams also follow equivalent standards of with national associations like GBT, GOST, JIS and others. Thus, Normalab offers a complete range: scientific glassware, manual, semi-automatic or fully automated equipment, meeting the needs of the market and the standards in force within laboratories. From conception to the end-user’s environment, Normalab puts its experience at your service.
In addition to its production, Normalab is able to offer other test methods through its partnerships with well-known manufacturers. The company has developed its business knowledge through complex engineering contracts for example the realization of turnkey solutions such as mobile laboratories. Thanks to the confidence of its customers wishing to centralize their purchasing process from a single source, Normalab is their one and only partner.
Present in more than 150 countries around the world, Normalab has created and put in place a strong distribution network to follow-up relationship and technical requirements from customers.
Finally, you will be able to meet Normalab during the following trade fairs and conferences: ACHEMA, ANALITIKA EXPO, PITTCON, ARAB LAB, ACHEMASIA, PEFTEC …
Today, Normalab operates in more than 150 countries. Here is an overview of our history through some dates that have marked our growth and development:
- 1963: Creation of the Normandie Labo company focused on glassware manufacturing dedicated to oils refineries labs based in the Seine Valley.
- A few years later, the company adds to its activity the distribution of materials, consumables and products for any industrial laboratory.
- 1972: Normandie Labo takes its first steps in exporting with a range of automatic petroleum testing equipment and by producing its first turnkey laboratories.
- 1976: Normandie Labo develops a range of automatic equipment. Manufacturing is growing and Normandie Labo launches the Normalab brand, exporting testing instruments all over the world.
- 2008: Normalab is bought by Armelle Heranval and Benoît Ecrepont.
- 2015: the moving of all departments (Administrative, glass blowing, technical support, sales, management) to one place near Yvetot in Normandy (Valliquerville). Normalab welcomes you to its offices adapted to the latest developments in the business.
- 2016: 100% of laboratory analyzers are designed and manufactured in Belgium in our subsidiary Normalab Belgium.
Normalab ensured part of a quality approach since the 1990s. We ensure compliance with the standards in force according to the ISO9001 and OHSAS 18001 standards.
As a broad outline, the quality and service policy deployed by Normalab must guarantee its customers:
- Supply and compliance of ordered references
- On site delivery
- Standard compliance of glassware and petroleum equipment
- Proper operation of equipment, instruments and accessories.
Our workshops, as well as our administrative, technical and commercial services, are integrated into a quality process that optimizes their operation.
Research and innovation
Our desire to adapt ourselves to a constantly changing market requires the establishment of a technology watch, active participation in the standards committees, as well as sustained efforts in Research and Development.
Normalab‘s R & D team has developed the latest generation of analyzers designed to meet the needs of our customers.
Finally, the validation of our instruments goes through technicians in charge of product applications, participation in round robin tests and CE regulatory validation.
The technical support and the assistance offered to our customers are at the heart of our daily concerns: from the offer to the commissioning, Normalab ensures a close follow-up with its customer.
Used to commercial specificities and requirements of each country, our team knows how to adapt to your requests and provide you with all the information you need.
In addition, our technical service offers assistance in installation, maintenance of your equipment and training of staff.
The purpose of our actions within the company is the satisfaction of our customers, whether they are in geographical proximity or several thousand kilometers away.
Normalab pays particular attention to the expectations of its customers and partners. This desire for satisfaction is a constant goal and part of the service quality approach.
The loyalty of our customers over time is proof of their satisfaction and their trust. Collaboration with our network and our partners is the key to our success.